Petroleum refining processes/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Petroleum refining processes, or pages that link to Petroleum refining processes or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Petroleum : Add brief definition or description
- Acid gas : Natural gas, petroleum byproduct gas or any other gas mixture containing significant amounts of acidic gases.
- Air stripping : The transferring of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and/or other volatile components of a liquid into an air stream.
- Amine gas treating : A process using aqueous solutions of amines to remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and carbon dioxide (CO2) from gases
- Asphalt (petroleum) : A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid that is present in most petroleum crude oils and in some natural deposits.
- BTX : The acronym commonly used in the petroleum and petrochemical industries to refer to mixtures of the aromatic hydrocarbons benzene, toluene, and the three xylene isomers.
- Catalytic reforming : A catalytic chemical process that converts petroleum naphthas into high-octane gasoline components.
- Claus process : A catalytic chemical process for converting gaseous hydrogen sulfide into elemental sulfur.
- Crude oil desalter : A device used in petroleum refineries to remove inorganic salts, water and sediment from the incoming petroleum crude oil feedstock before it is refined.
- Delayed coking : A petroleum refining process that converts heavy residual oils into petroleum coke and other byproducts.
- Flare stack : A tall vertical vent pipe used in petroleum refineries, chemical plants and petrochemical plants, oil and gas drilling sites, natural gas processing plants, and landfills for burning off unusable waste gas or flammable gas and liquids released by pressure relief valves during unplanned over-pressuring of plant equipment
- Fluid catalytic cracking : A petroleum refining process that cracks the large hydrocarbon molecules in the portion of the petroleum crude oil boiling above 340 °C into lower boiling, more valuable high octane gasoline and olefinic gases.
- Gasoline : A fuel for spark-ignited internal combustion engines derived from petroleum crude oil.
- Hydrodesulfurization : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refining to remove sulfur compounds from intermediate and refined end-products.
- Hydrogen sulfide : A chemical compound with the formula H2S, which is a colorless, highly toxic, flammable gas with a characteristic foul odor.
- Induced gas flotation : A treatment process that separates and removes suspended oil from wastewaters or other waters.
- Merox : A process for removing the mercaptans from certain petroleum refinery products by oxidizing them to liquid hydrocarbon disulfides.
- Natural gas : A gas consisting primarily of methane (CH4) which is found as raw natural gas in underground reservoirs, as gas associated with underground reservoirs of petroleum crude oil, as undersea methane hydrates and as coalbed methane in underground coal mines.
- Natural gas condensate : A low-boiling mixture of hydrocarbon liquids that are present as gaseous components in the raw natural gas produced from many natural gas production fields.
- Natural gas processing : Industrial facilities that process raw natural gas to remove contaminants as well as to separate out and recover by product natural gas liquids.
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook : The eighth edition of a chemical engineering reference book that has been a classic for more than seventy years.
- Petrochemicals : Add brief definition or description
- Petroleum naphtha : Add brief definition or description
- Refineries : Add brief definition or description
- Sour gas : Add brief definition or description
- Sour water stripping : Add brief definition or description
- Sulfur : Add brief definition or description
- Upstream, midstream and downstream (petroleum industry) : Add brief definition or description
- Vacuum distillation : Add brief definition or description
- Visbreaking : Add brief definition or description