Chemical engineering/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Chemical engineering, or pages that link to Chemical engineering or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers : A professional organization in the United States for chemical engineers.
- Civil engineering : A broad field of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Edwin Richard Gilliland : A professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where he served as the head of the chemical engineering department and was considered by many as the most renowned and best all-around chemical engineer of his generation.
- Electrical engineering : The branch of engineering that deals primarily with electricity and electromagnetism.
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Warren K. Lewis : A major leader in the development of chemical engineering in the United States, often referred to as the father of modern chemical engineering for his role in coordination of chemistry, physics and engineering into an independent discipline serving the chemical industry.
Chemical engineering books
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook : The eighth edition of a chemical engineering reference book that has been a classic for more than seventy years.
- Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering : First published in 1956, this is the seventh edition of one of the oldest chemical enginering textbooks still in widespread use.
- Transport Phenomena : The second edition of a classic chemical engineering book about mass, momentum and energy transport that was first published in 1960.
- Aqueous Wastes from Petroleum and Petrochemical Plants : A book about the composition and treatment of the wastewater streams produced in the hydrocarbon processing industries (i.e., petroleum refineries, petrochemical plants and natural gas processing plants).