Civil engineering/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Civil engineering, or pages that link to Civil engineering or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Architecture : The art and technique of designing and constructing buildings to fulfill both practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Construction equipment : Equipment, which may be mobile, semipermanent, or permanent, intended for heavy work such as earthmoving, lifting containers or materials, drilling holes in earth or rock, or concrete or paving application
- Dissolved air flotation : A device for separating and removing suspended oil or solids from wastewaters.
- Pavement : A stone or tile structure which can serve as a floor or an external feature, or a paved path for pedestrians that is usually situated alongside a road.
- Bridge (civil engineering) : A structure to take a road, railroad, footpath, conveyer belt, or other structure over an unpassable obstacle, such as water, a deep trench, etc.
- Road : Add brief definition or description
- Land surveying : The practice of precise measurement, especially of the earth and features on, above or below the earth's surface. Includes many specialized fields of measurement, such as bathymetry, photogrammetry, and geodesy
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.