< BTXJump to navigation Jump to search
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Absorption : An identity linking a pair of binary operations.
- Benzene : A six carbon aromatic compound commonly used in industry as a precursor for other important aromatics such as toluene, or benzoic acid.
- BTEX : Add brief definition or description
- Catalysis : A process that uses a substance (known as a catalyst) to accelerate the rate of a chemical reaction through an uninterrupted and repeated cycle of elementary steps until the last step regenerates the catalyst in its original form.
- Catalytic reforming : A catalytic chemical process that converts petroleum naphthas into high-octane gasoline components.
- Gasoline : A fuel for spark-ignited internal combustion engines derived from petroleum crude oil.
- Petrochemicals : Chemical products made from the hydrocarbons present in raw natural gas and petroleum crude oil.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Petroleum naphtha : An intermediate hydrocarbon liquid stream derived from the refining of petroleum crude oil and which may be further processed to obtain a gasoline blending component.
- Pyrolysis : Add brief definition or description
- Steam cracking : Add brief definition or description
- Toluene : Add brief definition or description
- Xylenes : Add brief definition or description