- See also changes related to Hydrocracking, or pages that link to Hydrocracking or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Amine gas treating : A process using aqueous solutions of amines to remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and carbon dioxide (CO2) from gases
- Asphalt (petroleum) : A sticky, black and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid that is present in most petroleum crude oils and in some natural deposits.
- Catalytic reforming : A catalytic chemical process that converts petroleum naphthas into high-octane gasoline components.
- Delayed coking : A petroleum refining process that converts heavy residual oils into petroleum coke and other byproducts.
- Fluid catalytic cracking : A petroleum refining process that cracks the large hydrocarbon molecules in the portion of the petroleum crude oil boiling above 340 °C into lower boiling, more valuable high octane gasoline and olefinic gases.
- Gasoline : A fuel for spark-ignited internal combustion engines derived from petroleum crude oil.
- Hydrodesulfurization : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refining to remove sulfur compounds from intermediate and refined end-products.
- Hydrogen sulfide : A chemical compound with the formula H2S, which is a colorless, highly toxic, flammable gas with a characteristic foul odor.
- Petroleum naphtha : An intermediate hydrocarbon liquid stream derived from the refining of petroleum crude oil and which may be further processed to obtain a gasoline blending component.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Thermal cracking : Add brief definition or description
- Vacuum distillation : The laboratory or industrial-scale distillation of liquids performed at a pressure lower than atmospheric pressure.
- Visbreaking : A chemical engineering process unit used in petroleum refineries that reduces the viscosity of the residual oil from the refinery's atmospheric or vacuum distillation of petroleum crude oil.