Doi moi/Related Articles
< Doi moi
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Nguyen Van Linh : Market-oriented Communist economist; head of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in 1986.
- Van Tien Dung : General in the People's Army of Viet Nam, who commanded the 1975 invasion resulting in the fall of South Vietnam and reunification; protege of Vo Nguyen Giap; joined Politburo in 1980, and appointed Minister of Defense; dropped from Politburo in 1986 over disagreement with the doi moi reform and replaced as defence minister in 1987
- Chu Lai : Originally built as a logistical facility for U.S. forces in Danang, it is now an economic development zone in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, encouraging both domestic and foreign business development under the doi moi economic reforms
- Haiphong : Vietnam's third largest city and second largest port, and largest transportation area for northern Vietnam; key military supply import point during the Vietnam War
- Saigon : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- Dung Quat Economic Zone : Add brief definition or description
- Quang Ngai : Add brief definition or description
- Chu Lai Open Economic Zone : Add brief definition or description
- Dinh Vu Industrial Zone : Add brief definition or description
- Vung Ang Economic Zone : Add brief definition or description
- Ha Tinh : Add brief definition or description
- Van Don Economic Zone : Add brief definition or description
- Quang Ninh : Add brief definition or description
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : Association of South-East Asian Nations; treaty group formed in 1967, originally comprising Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand; Brunei was admitted as a member in 1984, Vietnam in 1995, Burma and Laos in 1997, Cambodia in 1999; Australia is a "dialogue partner".
- Market : A term used in commerce and economics to denote a conjunction of buyers and sellers.
- World Trade Organization : Add brief definition or description
- Soviet legacy : The multiple diplomatic, economic, environmental, legal, military, political, and social issues facing former Soviet satellite states after the fall of the USSR.