Natural gas/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Natural gas, or pages that link to Natural gas or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Petroleum engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Amine gas treating : A process using aqueous solutions of amines to remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and carbon dioxide (CO2) from gases
- Claus process : A catalytic chemical process for converting gaseous hydrogen sulfide into elemental sulfur.
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Gas to liquid catalysis : A family of industrial reactions that can convert trapped natural gas to more useful chemicals, at somewhat lower cost than other processes in the petroleum industry
- Glycol dehydration : A chemical engineering unit process that uses a liquid desiccant, usually a glycol, for the removal of water from natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL).
- Hydrocarbons : A class of molecules that contain only carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- Hydrocarbon dew point : The temperature (at a given pressure) at which the hydrocarbon components of any hydrocarbon-rich gas mixture (such as natural gas) will start to condense out of the gaseous phase.
- Hydrogen sulfide : A chemical compound with the formula H2S, which is a colorless, highly toxic, flammable gas with a characteristic foul odor.
- Methane : A chemical compound and alkane with the molecular formula CH4, and the principal component of natural gas.
- Natural gas condensate : A low-boiling mixture of hydrocarbon liquids that are present as gaseous components in the raw natural gas produced from many natural gas production fields.
- Natural gas processing : Industrial facilities that process raw natural gas to remove contaminants as well as to separate out and recover by product natural gas liquids.
- Petrochemicals : Chemical products made from the hydrocarbons present in raw natural gas and petroleum crude oil.
- Petroleum geology : Add brief definition or description
- Refineries : Industrial manufacturing facilities composed of a group of chemical engineering unit processes and unit operations used for the conversion certain raw materials such as petroleum crude oil, mined ores, sugar or salt into finished products of value or for the refining and purification of partially converted raw materials into finished products.
- Upstream, midstream and downstream (petroleum industry) : The terms often used to refer to the major sectors of the petroleum industry.