South America/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to South America, or pages that link to South America or to this page or whose text .
- Latin America : The region of the Americas that shares a common tradition and historical heritage of European colonization, mostly Iberian.
- Continent : An extended part of the Earth's crust that extends above sea level.
- Argentina : Second largest South American country; speaks Spanish.
- Bolivia : Landlocked state in South America, formerly part of the Inca Empire, independent since 1825.
- Brazil : Largest country in South America with a population of 190 million people and rich resources; Portuguese is the national language
- Chile : A country in the southwestern part of South America occupying a long and narrow coastal strip between the Andes mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- Colombia : Country in South America.
- Ecuador : South American country with Quito its capital; economy built on agriculture and latterly on oil exports and industry (population about 15 million).
- French Guiana : Add brief definition or description
- Guyana : Republic in South America, formerly known as British Guiana, bordered by Venezuela, Suriname, and Brazil.
- Paraguay : Country in Central South America, northeast of Argentina, which also has boundaries with Bolivia and Brazil.
- Peru : A South American nation bordering Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile and Bolivia.
- Suriname : Republic located on the north coast of South America, bounded by Guyana in the west, French Guiana in the east, Brazil in the south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the north.
- Uruguay : An economically sound democracy in the Southern Cone of South America, with Argentina and Brazil as neighbors
- Venezuela : A Latin American country located at the north of South America.
- Central America : Southernmost region of North America, comprising Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; borders Mexico, Colombia, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean (area approximately 524,000km²/202,000mi²; population about 42 million).
- North America : The third largest continent; area 24,709,000 km² ; pop. 523,736,000 (est. July 2007)
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Antarctica : The Earth's southernmost continent, located almost entirely south of the Antarctic Circle; covers the South Pole.
- Arctic : The region of the Earth so far north that at least one day of the year the sun is below the horizon
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- Australasia : Add brief definition or description
- Europe : Add brief definition or description