Central America/Related Articles
Central America: Southernmost region of North America, comprising Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama; borders Mexico, Colombia, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean (area approximately 524,000km²/202,000mi²; population about 42 million).
- Continent : An extended part of the Earth's crust that extends above sea level.
- North America : The third largest continent; area 24,709,000 km² ; pop. 523,736,000 (est. July 2007)
- Belize : Country (formerly known as British Honduras) located in Central America, bordering Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south, whose capital city is Belmopan.
- Costa Rica : Democratic third world nation located south of Nicaragua, north of Panama, east of the Pacific Ocean and west of the Caribbean Sea.
- El Salvador : Republic in Central America, one of the smallest but most densely populated in the region.
- Guatemala : Country in Central America that shares borders with Mexico to the north and west, Belize to the east, and Honduras and El Salvador to the south.
- Honduras : Central American republic (capital Tegucigalpa) with an economy built on agriculture and peoples of mixed European and Amerindian descent; has the world's highest murder rate and high levels of poverty (population about 8.5 million).
- Nicaragua : Country of Latin America, formerly a British colony.
- Panama : Republic in Central America, bounded by Colombia to the east, Costa Rica to the west, the Caribbean Sea to the north, and the Pacific Ocean to the south.
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.
- Caribbean Sea : Add brief definition or description
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Pacific Ocean : the largest single mass of water in the world, lying between Asia and Australia on its west, and North America and South America on its east.
- Mexico : A country in North America, bordering the United States on the north and Guatemala and Belize on the south.
- Colombia : Country in South America.