Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Continent, or pages that link to Continent or to this page or whose text .
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Antarctica : The Earth's southernmost continent, located almost entirely south of the Antarctic Circle; covers the South Pole.
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- North America : The third largest continent, location of three large nations Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.