- Great War (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- WTA (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Latin America : The region of the Americas that shares a common tradition and historical heritage of European colonization, mostly Iberian.
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.
- Spanish language : A Romance language widely spoken in Spain, its current and former territories, and the United States of America.
- Portuguese language : An Iberian Romance language, of the Indo-European family.
- Italian language : A Romance language spoken in Italy and Switzerland.
- Montevideo : Capital and largest city of Uruguay, on the River Plate, which leads into the [[Atlantic Ocean}}
- Politics of Uruguay : Add brief definition or description
- Tabare Vazquez : President of Uruguay since 2005; resigned from Socialist Party (Uruguay) in 2007 over abortion
- Frente Amplio : "Broad Front", a coalition composed of several left-wing parties in Uruguay
- Socialist Party (Uruguay) : Uruguay political party led by Eduardo Fernandez; current national president resigned from it over abortion policy; part of Frente Amplio governing coalition
- Movement of the Popular Participation : Part of Frente Amplio governing coalition in Uruguay; known as MPP; led by Jose Mujica
- New Space Party : Add brief definition or description (Nuevo Espacio)}} [Rafael MICHELINI]
- Progressive Alliance (Alianza Progresista) : Add brief definition or description [Rodolfo NIN NOVOA
- Communist Party (Uruguay : Add brief definition or description [Marina ARISMENDI]
- Uruguayan Assembly (Asamblea Uruguay) : Add brief definition or description [Danilo ASTORI]
- Vertiente Artiguista : Add brief definition or description [Mariano ARANA])
- Colorado Party (Foro Batllista) : Add brief definition or description [Julio Maria SANGUINETTI]||**}}
- National Party : Add brief definition or description or Blanco [Luis Alberto LACALLE and Jorge LARRANAGA]
- War of the Triple Alliance : Bloodiest South American war pitting Paraguay against alliance of Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay (1864-1870).
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- Battle of the River Plate : Add brief definition or description
- Operation Condor : A secret security operation among the military governments of Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay, beginning in 1975 and ending with democratization in the 1980s and 1990s; descriptions range from counterintelligence and counterterrorism to state terror
- Tupamaro : Add brief definition or description
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S. : Policies, techniques and practices of United States interrogation in a national intelligence-gathering context. (See Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration for recent detailed discussions)
- U.S. Intelligence and terrorism in the 1970s : Tracking and actions against terrorism by the United States intelligence community in the 1970s
- U.S. government training of foreign police : The scope of U.S. activities in the training of foreign police, where the major emphasis is on learning skills rather than their immediate application in a cooperative international law enforcement effort
- U.S. intelligence activities in the Americas : Activities by the United States intelligence community in the Western Hemisphere, including but not limited to that of the Central Intelligence Agency; there are major drug enforcement programs, shared military projects, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation had jurisdiction in WWII
- FIFA World Cup : International football competition contested by the men's national teams of the members of Fédération Internationale de Football Association, held every four years.
- Jorge Luis Borges : An Argentinean author best known for his Magical Realism short stories.
- Wine : Alcoholic drink made by fermented grapes
- Coral snake : Large group of elapid snakes most notable for their red, yellow, and black colored banding.
- Crotalus durissus : A venomous rattlesnake species found in Mexico and South America.
- Argentina : Second largest South American country; speaks Spanish.
- Brazil : Largest country in South America with a population of 190 million people and rich resources; Portuguese is the national language
- Paraguay : Country in Central South America, northeast of Argentina, which also has boundaries with Bolivia and Brazil.