Winston Churchill/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Winston Churchill, or pages that link to Winston Churchill or to this page or whose text .
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom: The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- British coalition government (1940–1945): The British government through most of the Second World War.
- British interim government (May–July 1945): Short-term British government which held office between the termination of the wartime coalition and the 1945 general election.
- British Conservative government (1951–1955): Add brief definition or description
- 1945 UK general election: Add brief definition or description
- 1950 UK general election: Add brief definition or description
- 1951 UK general election: Add brief definition or description
- Conservative Party (UK): A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- Liberal Party (UK): Former British political party, now a component of the Liberal Democrats.
- Nobel Prize for Literature: Add brief definition or description
- World War I: (1914-1918) a huge European and global war that killed 7 million people in a struggle between the World War I Allies and World War I Central Powers, and was followed immediately by a global influenza pandemic (1918-1920) that claimed 50-100 million lives.
- World War II: (1931–1945) The most destructive global war in human history that killed 53 million people. With battles in Europe, Africa, Asia and the South Pacific, the "Allies" (UK, US, Soviet Union) eventually stopped the aggressively expanding "Axis" (Germany, Japan).