- See also changes related to Paraguay, or pages that link to Paraguay or to this page or whose text .
- Latin America : The region of the Americas that shares a common tradition and historical heritage of European colonization, mostly Iberian.
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.
- Southern Cone : The southernmost part of South America, always including Argentina, Chile and Uruguay; sometimes all or part of Brazil, as well as Bolivia and Peru.
- Spanish language : A Romance language widely spoken in Spain, its current and former territories, and the United States of America.
- Asuncion : Add brief definition or description
- Ciudad del Este : Add brief definition or description
- Concepcion : Add brief definition or description
- Encarnacion : Add brief definition or description
- Pedro Juan Caballero : Add brief definition or description
- Coronel Oviedo : Add brief definition or description
- War of the Triple Alliance : Bloodiest South American war pitting Paraguay against alliance of Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay (1864-1870).
- Alfredo Stroessner : (1912-2006) Paraguayan general who took control of Paraguay in a military coup; dictator from 1954 to 1989.
- MERCOSUR : A free trade agreement among some countries of the Southern Cone (Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay) and Canada
- Operation Condor : A secret security operation among the military governments of Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay, beginning in 1975 and ending with democratization in the 1980s and 1990s; descriptions range from counterintelligence and counterterrorism to state terror
- U.S. Intelligence and terrorism in the 1970s : Tracking and actions against terrorism by the United States intelligence community in the 1970s
- World Trade Organization : Add brief definition or description
- President of Paraguay : Head of state and head of government of Paraguay, currently Fernando Armindo Lugo-Mendez Fernando Armindo Lugo Mendez
- Vice President of Paraguay : Add brief definition or description Luis Federico Franco Gomez
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Paraguay : Add brief definition or description Hector R Lacognata
- Paraguayan Ambassador to the U.S. : Add brief definition or description James Spalding Hellmers
- Paraguayan Ambassador to the OAS : Add brief definition or description Bernardino Hugo Saguier Caballero
- Paraguayan Ambassador to the U.N. : Add brief definition or descriptionJosé Antonio Dos Santos
- U.S. Ambassador to Paraguay : Add brief definition or description Liliana Ayalde
- Michael Ranneberger : U.S. Ambassador to Kenya; a Foreign Service Officer previously an advisor on Sudan, U.S. Ambassador to Mali, and involved in Cuban policy and operations in Somalia, Angola, and Haiti; democracy promotion and peace operations in Paraguay, El Salvador and Guatemala
- Jorge Luis Borges : An Argentinean author best known for his Magical Realism short stories.
- Alipiopsitta xanthops (Yellow-faced Parrot) : A species of the genus Alipiopsitta, found in the cerrado region of Brazil and adjacent Bolivia.
- Aspasia (orchid) : Is an orchid genus formed by seven species spread from Costa Rica to South Brazil and closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Crotalus durissus : A venomous rattlesnake species found in Mexico and South America.
- Leptotes (orchid) : A genus of orchids formed by nine small species that exist primarily in the dry jungles of South and Southeast Brazil.
- Miltonia : An orchid genus formed by nine showy epiphyte species and seven natural hybrids of Brazil, one species reaching Argentina and Paraguay.
- Extrajudicial detention : The policy and practice of holding prisoners captive without judicial authority to do so, or without a recognized authority under international law, such capture of prisoners of war
- Interrogation : A systematic process of direct questioning, of a person in detention or otherwise under the control of the interrogator, to obtain reliable information to satisfy criminal investigation or human-source intelligence requirements, within the scope of relevant law and policy
- Argentina : Second largest South American country; speaks Spanish.
- Bolivia : Landlocked state in South America, formerly part of the Inca Empire, independent since 1825.
- Brazil : Largest country in South America with a population of 190 million people and rich resources; Portuguese is the national language
- Josef Mengele : (1911-1979) A Nazi SS Hauptsturmfuhrer and physician at Auschwitz Concentration Camp, involved in direct killings and nonconsensual medical experiments on humans.
- Klaus Barbie : Head the Nazi Gestapo in Lyon, France during World War II; sentenced to life in prison for war crimes.
- U.S. intelligence involvement with World War II Nazi war criminals : Actions by intelligence agencies, primarily in the U.S. Army, where Nazi strongly suspected of war crimes were not prosecuted in exchange for information, such information on the Soviet Union