Mediterranean Sea/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Mediterranean Sea, or pages that link to Mediterranean Sea or to this page or whose text .
- Africa : Continent stretching over the equator, hosting deserts, tropical jungles and savannah as well as over fifty nations; population about 900,000,000.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Sea : Add brief definition or description
- Balkan peninsula : Geographic name for a region of southeastern Europe, surrounded by the Black Sea to the east, by Aegean, Mediterranean and Ionian Sea to the south, and by the Adriatic Sea to the west.
- Egypt : A country in the northeastern corner of Africa, bordering Sudan, Libya, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Greece : The southernmost Balkan nation, the Hellenic Republic (Greece; population c. 11 million; capital Athens) is bordered by Albania, the (former Yugoslav) Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria and Turkey, and with a coastline on the Ionian, Aegean and Mediterranean seas.
- Ancient Greece : The loose collection of Greek-speaking city-states centered on the Aegean Sea which flourished from the end of the Mycenaean age to the Roman conquest of Greece in 146 BC.
- Italy : Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
- Malta : An island republic (population c. 403,500; capital Valletta) lying in the Mediterranean Sea, midway between Europe and North Africa; of the four main islands of the Maltese Archipelago, Gozo, Malta and Kummuna are inhabited and Filfla is not.
- Spain : South-west European parliamentary monarchy (population c. 40.5 million; capital Madrid) between the Atlantic Ocean and Bay of Biscay to the north-west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east; the Pyrenees mountain range forms the border with France to the north-east, and Portugal is situated to the west.
- Syria : Country in the Middle East, facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sharing borders with Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Adriatic Sea : Extension of the Mediterranean Sea that separates the Balkan and the Apennine peninsulas.
- Apennine peninsula : A boot-shaped peninsula in southern Europe extending into the Mediterranean Sea.
- Camargue Natural Regional Park : Natural Park in Camargue (Provence, France), at the junction of the Rhone River and the Mediterranean Sea.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mediterranean Sea. Needs checking by a human.
- Alexander the Great : King of Macedon who conquered the Persian Empire in the late 4th century BCE.
- Asia : The largest continent in both land area (with 30% of Earth's land area) and population (with 4 billion people, or 60% of Earth's population).
- County of Nice : A historical region of France, located in the south-eastern part, around the city of Nice.
- Côte d'Azur : Tourist region along the Mediterranean Sea, in eastern Provence (France) and Monaco.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often called FDR, the President of the United States 1933 to 1945.
- Gaza Strip : 26-mile-long Middle Eastern coastal region long the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Egypt and Israel; population about 1.4 million Palestinian people, governed by Hamas since June 2007.
- Iberian Peninsula : Peninsula containing Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar, bordering the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Israel : Country in the Middle East.
- Knight : Term used in the Middle Ages for a warrior of noble ancestry.
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- Marseille : Capital city of Provence, in southern France, on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Monaco : Small, sovereign city-state on the Mediterranean Sea, entirely surrounded by France.
- Morocco : An Arab monarchy of western North Africa, nonaligned but generally moderate, with a slow-growing economy
- Nice : City of Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, in France, on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Occitania : Area of southwestern Europe were the Occitan language is spoken.
- Operation Torch : Successful American invasion of French North Africa during World War II; first American-German combat on land.
- Palestine : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Palestine (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Port-Cros : Island of the Mediterranean belonging to the Hyères Islands, in Provence (France).
- Provence : Region of southwestern Europe, politically in France and culturally in Occitania, stretching from the Rhone to the Alps along the Mediterranean Sea.
- Tel Aviv : Add brief definition or description
- Turkey : A secular Islamic republic (population 71.9 million; capital Ankara) extending from Eastern Thrace in Europe across the peninsula of Asia Minor; meets the Black Sea to the north, the Aegean to the west and the Mediterranean to the south; has land borders with Greece and Bulgaria in Europe, and Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq and Syria.
- València, Valencian Country : Capital city of the Valencian Country, in Spain