Air preheater/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Air preheater, or pages that link to Air preheater or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical Engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Thermal power plant : An electric power plant in which all of the electricity is produced by using a heat source to generate steam that drives a steam turbine which rotates an electrical generator.
- Acid dew point : The temperature, at a given pressure, at which any gaseous acid present in combustion product flue gases will start to condense into liquid acid.
- Boiler : Add brief definition or description
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : An industrial plant which produces electricity by burning of coal and air in a steam generator that heats water to produce high pressure steam which then flows through a series of steam turbines that spin an electrical generator to generate electricity.
- Deaerator : A device used for the removal of air and other dissolved gases from the feedwater to steam generating boilers.
- Flue gas : The gas that exits to the atmosphere via a flue which may be a pipe, channel or chimney for conveying combustion product gases from a fireplace, oven, furnace, boiler or steam generator.
- Flue gas desulfurization : The technology for removing sulfur dioxide from the flue gases resulting from the combustion of coal or fuel oil in power plant steam generators or other large combustion sources.
- Flue gas stack : A vertical pipe, channel or chimney (also referred to as a smokestack) through which combustion product gases (flue gases) are exhausted to the atmosphere. Includes the draft (draught) effect of hot gases flowing through tall stacks (chimneys).
- Furnace : Add brief definition or description
- Heat exchanger : Add brief definition or description
- Steam : The vapor (or gaseous) phase of water (H2O).
- Steam generator : A device that uses a heat source to boil liquid water and convert it into its vapor phase, referred to as steam.
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.
- Water dew point : The temperature of a gas mixture, at a given pressure, at which any water vapor in the gas mixture will start to condense into liquid water.