Steam generator/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Steam generator, or pages that link to Steam generator or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Air preheater : A general term to describe any device designed to preheat the combustion air used in a fuel-burning furnace for the purpose of increasing the thermal efficiency of the furnace.
- Cogeneration : Add brief definition or description
- Combined power and heat : Add brief definition or description
- Combustion : A sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames.
- Condensate polishing : An ion exchange process used to purify the steam condensate produced in high-pressure steam generation facilities such as those in large thermal power plants.
- Conventional coal-fired power plant : An electrical power plant that burns coal in a steam generator to produce high pressure steam, which goes to steam turbines that generate electricity.
- Deaerator : A device used for the removal of air and other dissolved gases from the feedwater to steam generating boilers.
- Electrical generator : Add brief definition or description
- Gas turbine : Add brief definition or description
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- Heat recovery steam generators : Add brief definition or description
- Nuclear power plant : A power plant, often electric, that uses the energy derived from controlled (non-explosive) nuclear reactions to generate electricity. Conventionally, nuclear power plants used the heat energy derived from nuclear fission to generate steam, which in turn generates electric power.
- Power (physics) : Rate of producing or consuming energy; SI unit: watt = joule/second.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Concentrated solar power : Add brief definition or description
- Solar power : Energy sources based directly on the sun's electromagnetic radiation.
- Steam : The vapor (or gaseous) phase of water (H2O).
- Steam turbine : Add brief definition or description
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Temperature conversion : The process of transforming values of temperature measured in one unit to values in another unit.
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.