European Union/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to European Union, or pages that link to European Union or to this page or whose text .
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- EU competition policy : A policy intended to ensure undistorted competition within the EU market, by increasing economic efficiency in member states and to remove barriers to trade between member states.
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- Eurozone : The member states of the European Union that use the euro as their common currency (Belgium, Germany¸ Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Finland)
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- Eurozone crisis : A financial crisis involving member countries of the Eurozone
- Acquis : (Acquis communitaire) The current state of European Union law - (also acquis Schengen etc)
- Coreper : The Permanent Representatives Committee, which is responsible for preparing the work of the Council of the European Union. It consists of the Member States' ambassadors to the European Union and is chaired by the Member State which holds the Council Presidency.
- Eurogroup : The assembled Finance Ministers of the eurozone.
- Frankfurt Group : The Groupe de Frankfurt (GdF) consists of the leaders of Germany and France, the Eurogroup of finance ministers, the European Central Bank, the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, acting as a team engaged in tackling the problems of the eurozone crisis.
- NIS : Add brief definition or description
- OSCE : Add brief definition or description
- Pillar (EU) : One of the 3 pillars of the EU - (1): the European Community, the European Atomic Energy Community and the former European Coal and Steel Community; (2): the common foreign and security policy; and, (3): police and judicial cooperation in criminal matters.
- Qualified-majority : A stipulated number of votes cast, the number of votes allocated to each member state having been determined by its population size group.
(the notation (EZ) denotes Eurozone member)
Possible future member states
These states have officially applied to join the EU:
Potential candidate countries
These states aim to join the EU in the future:
- As the TRNC is recognised only by Turkey, strictly speaking the EU regards the whole island as being within its borders. However, EU law will only apply in the event that the north and south are reunified.