National Center for Atmospheric Research/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to National Center for Atmospheric Research, or pages that link to National Center for Atmospheric Research or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Chemical engineering : a branch of engineering that uses chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems involving fuel, drugs, food, and many other products
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- National Science Foundation : An organ of the U.S. Government that funds American scientific research.
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research : A private Norwegian research institute that is one of the leading specialized scientific institutes in Europe dealing solely with problems related to air pollution.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research : Add brief definition or description
- Weather : Add brief definition or description