From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Lumbalgia, or pages that link to Lumbalgia or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Lumbalgia. Needs checking by a human.
- Acetaminophen : An analgesic antipyretic drug widely used for the treatment of headaches, fever and other minor aches and pains; has no antiinflammatory activity
- Acupuncture : A form of alternative medicine that involves inserting and manipulating needles into 'acupuncture points' on the body with the aim of restoring health and well-being.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality : Organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care in the US.
- American College of Physicians : American organization of doctors of internal medicine (internists), and physicians.
- Ankylosing spondylitis : Inflammatory joint disease affecting the spine that occurs predominantly in young males producing pain and stiffness.
- Antidepressant : Mood-stimulating drugs used primarily in the treatment of affective disorders and related conditions.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Herniated disk : Rupture of fibrocartilagenous material (annulus fibrosis) that surrounds the intervertebral disk.
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Neurologic manifestation : Clinical signs and symptoms caused by nervous system injury or dysfunction.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent : Medication other than corticosteroids having analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory activity due to their ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins.
- Osteoarthritis : Degenerative joint disease marked by destruction of the articular cartilage, hypertrophy of bone at the margins, and changes in the synovial membrane.
- Osteoporosis : Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures.
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Patient satisfaction : An outcome measure of quality, referring to the perception of the patients(s) of one or more aspects of a health care system.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : A chronic, inflammatory autoimmune disorder that causes the immune system to attack the joints.
- Sciatica : Pain along the sciatic nerve usually caused by a herniated disk of the lumbar region of the spine and radiating to the buttocks and to the back of the thigh.
- Scoliosis : Abnormal lateral curvature of the spine that occurs most often in the thoracic region.
- Sign (medical) : An objective finding on physical examination or diagnostic testing, complementing the subjective symptoms reported by a patient
- Spinal stenosis : A cause of low back pain.
- Straight leg raise : The straight leg raise, also called Lasègue sign or Lasègue test, is a test done during the physical examination to determine whether a patient with low back pain has an underlying herniated disk
- X-ray computed tomography : Three-dimensional medical imaging method, employing tomography created by computer processing.