American College of Physicians/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to American College of Physicians, or pages that link to American College of Physicians or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/American College of Physicians. Needs checking by a human.
- Atrial fibrillation : Condition where there is disorganised electrical conduction in the atria, resulting in ineffective pumping of blood into the ventricle.
- Chiropractic History : Founded in 1885 by D. D. Palmer, the field grew through various controversies from a personal philosophy to a professionalized discipline.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease : A group of diseases characterized by the pathological limitation of airflow in the airway that is not fully reversible.
- Dementia : Progressive decline in two or more cognitive domains that is severe enough to interfere with the performance of everyday activities.
- Depression : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Depression (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 : Medical condition characterised by glucose intolerance and hyperglycemia
- Lumbalgia : Common musculoskeletal disorder caused by a variety of diseases and trauma that affect the lumbar spine.
- Marcia Angell : An American physician at Harvard, author, and first female editor-in-chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Marijuana : Commonly used drug obtained from the flowering tops, stems, and leaves of the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa or C. indica.
- Obesity : Excessive stores of body fat.
- Osteoporosis : Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures.
- Palliative care : Medical care or treatment that concentrates on alleviating the severity of disease symptoms, rather than striving to provide a cure.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Second-generation antidepressant : Antidepressants characterized primarily by the era of their introduction, rather than by their chemical structure or by their pharmacological effect.
- Syncope : Transient loss of consciousness and postural tone caused by diminished blood flow to the brain (i.e., brain ischemia).
- Vascular disease : Pathological processes involving any of the blood vessels in the cardiac or peripheral circulation. They include diseases of arteries; veins; and rest of the vasculature system in the body.