|Many thanks December donors; special to Darren Duncan. January donations open; need minimum total $100. Let's exceed that.
Donate here. By donating you gift yourself and CZ.
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
In a randomized controlled trial, the relative risk ratio of fidaxomicin, as compared to vancomycin, for recurrence of clostridium difficile infection was 0.6 and the relative risk reduction was 40.0%. In populations similar to those in this study which had a rate of risk as measured by the recurrence of C. difficile infection of 25% without treatment, the number needed to treat is 10. 
Drug toxicity includes
The most up-to-date information about Fidaxomicin and other drugs can be found at the following sites.
- Fidaxomicin - FDA approved drug information (drug label) from DailyMed (U.S. National Library of Medicine).
- Fidaxomicin - Drug information for consumers from MedlinePlus (U.S. National Library of Medicine).
- Fidaxomicin - Detailed information from DrugBank.
- ↑ Anonymous. Drugs@FDA for FDA Application No. 201699. U S Food and Drug Administration
- ↑ Louie TJ, Miller MA, Mullane KM, Weiss K, Lentnek A, Golan Y et al. (2011). "Fidaxomicin versus vancomycin for Clostridium difficile infection.". N Engl J Med 364 (5): 422-31. DOI:10.1056/NEJMoa0910812. PMID 21288078. Research Blogging.
- ↑ Template:Err (2011 [last update]). PAR-101/OPT-80 Versus Vancomycin for the Treatment of Clostridium Difficile-Associated Diarrhea (CDAD) - Study Results - ClinicalTrials.gov. clinicaltrials.gov. Retrieved on August 8, 2011.