- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Côte d'Azur : Tourist region along the Mediterranean Sea, in eastern Provence (France) and Monaco.
- Mediterranean Sea : The body of water separating Europe from Africa.
- Niçard Occitan : Variety of the Occitan language spoken around Nice and Monaco.
- Northern Italian language : A variety of the Romance languages spoken in northern Italy, Switzerland, San Marino, Monaco and Istria.
- Occitan language : Romance language spoken in Occitania.
- Occitania : Area of southwestern Europe were the Occitan language is spoken.
- Alan Callan : (b. 1 August 1946) English-born businessman, music executive, film producer, and vice-president of Swan Song Records (1977 - 1983).
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- French language : A Romance language spoken in northwestern Europe (mainly in France, Belgium, Switzerland), in Canada and in many other countries.
- Romance Ligurian : Variety of the Northern Italian language mainly spoken in Liguria.
- Romance languages : Branch of the Indo-European language family, originally spoken in southern, eastern and western Europe and descended from Vulgar Latin, the language of the Ancient Romans; includes modern Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Romanian.