U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/Related Articles
- See also changes related to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or pages that link to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency or to this page or whose text .
- Government of the United States of America : Add brief definition or description
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Lisa Jackson : Environmental Protection Agency Administrator in the Obama Administration, 2009-; formerly Commissioner of the state’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), and then Chief of Staff to New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine; US EPA civil servant for 16 years before joining DEP in 2002; educated in chemical engineering
- William Ruckelshaus : Strategic Director, Madrona Venture Group, and Chairman, World Resources Institute; former Chairman and CEO, Browning-Ferris Industries, Inc.; former Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (1970-73 and 1983-85); former U.S. Deputy Attorney General; board member, Center for Global Development
- Christine Todd Whitman : President, The Whitman Strategy Group; member of the board, Council on Foreign Relations; Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, 2001-2003, in the George W. Bush Administration; co-chair of the moderate Republican Leadership Council (RLC) merged with her political action committee; governor of New Jersey 1994-2001.
- AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors : Description and discussion of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's publication AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- Built environment : The man-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity.
- Clean Air Act (U.S.) : A law enacted by the U.S. Congress that defines the responsibilities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) for protecting and improving the nation's air quality and the stratospheric ozone layer.
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards : Concentration limits set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency for outdoor ambient air pollutants considered harmful to public health and the environment.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Natural environment : A term that encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally on Earth or some region of Earth.
- Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment : A research institute that is an independent agency of the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and is a recognised leading center of expertise in the fields of health, nutrition and environmental protection.
- South Coast Air Quality Management District : The local governmental agency in California responsible mainly for regulating stationary sources of air pollution in all of Orange county and the urban portions of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs : The governmental department responsible for protection of the environment, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural matters in the United Kingdom (UK).
- UK Environment Agency : An environmental protection agency that is a non-departmental public body of the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and a sponsored public body of the National Assembly for Wales.