Theoretical plate/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Theoretical plate, or pages that link to Theoretical plate or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Azeotropic distillation : Add brief definition or description
- Batch distillation : Add brief definition or description
- Boiling point : The temperature at which the vapor pressure of the liquid equals the external environmental pressure surrounding the liquid and the liquid initiates boiling.
- Chromatography : Chemical purification process that separates substances based on differing affinities for other substances.
- Continuous distillation : An ongoing separation process in which a liquid mixture of two or more miscible components is continuously fed into the process and physically separated into two or more products by preferentially boiling the more volatile (i.e., lower boiling point) components out of the mixture.
- Distillation Design : A chemical engineering book that completely covers the design of industrial distillation columns.
- Extractive distillation : Add brief definition or description
- Fenske equation : An equation for calculating the minimum number of theoretical plates needed to separate a binary feed stream by a fractionation column operated at total reflux (i.e., meaning that no overhead product is being withdrawn from the column).
- Flash evaporation : The partial vaporization that occurs when a saturated liquid stream undergoes a reduction in pressure by passing through a throttling valve or other throttling device.
- Fractionation Research Inc. : A non-profit industrial research consortium that investigates the performance of the mass transfer devices, such as trays and packings, used in industrial-scale distillation columns.
- McCabe-Thiele method : A graphical method considered to be the simplest, most instructive method for the analysis of binary distillation.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Reflux (distillation) : A distillation technique involving the condensation of the distilled product vapors and the return of a portion of the condensate to the distillation system from which it originated.
- Relative volatility : A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Reboiler : Typically a heat exchanger or a fired heater used to provide heat to the bottom of an industrial distillation column (also referred to as a distillation tower).