< StealthJump to navigation Jump to search
- Anti-air warfare : In the context of naval warfare, the mission of defending against aircraft and missiles, from platforms under naval command and control, possibly in coordination with other services and possibly defending land as well as sea areas.
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Diffraction : A physical phenomenon that causes waves to bend around corners
- Reflection : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Reflection (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Absorption : An identity linking a pair of binary operations.
- Low probability of intercept : A set of techniques to minimize the probability of hostile interception of a radio or radar signal
- Electro-optical tracking : The use of electronics, possibly in combination with mechanical positioning systems, to aim an optical system at a source of infrared, visible, or ultraviolet light, and follow it for purposes of observation or weapons guidance
- Infrared guidance : Missile or other guidance that locks onto an infrared energy source, and adjusts its flight controls to keep the source in the center of its course
- B-1 Lancer : A U.S. supersonic-capable heavy bomber, with reduced observability but not the full stealth of the B-2 Spirit, which is limited to non-nuclear missions by strategic arms control agreements
- B-2 Spirit (bomber) : U.S. long-range, low-observability "stealth" heavy bomber
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- F-117 Nighthawk : Although it has a fighter designation, actually the first operational stealth light bomber of the U.S. Air Force
- F-117 : The first operational stealth (i.e., low observability) attack aircraft, flown by the U.S. Air Force and beginning to go into retirement in favor of the F-22 Raptor and B-2 Spirit
- F-22 Raptor : A "fifth generation" fighter, with stealth, supercruise, extreme maneuverability, and an extremely high price tag that caused its production to be stopped in favor of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- F-35B Lightning II : Short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, to be used on small carriers (i.e., without catapults and from minimal forward airfields
- F-35C Lightning II : U.S. Navy version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, intended for carrier operations
- MQ-3 Dark Star : A unmanned aerial vehicle of intercontinental range, long endurance and full stealth, which could carry a variety of intelligence sensors; cancelled in favor of the cheaper MQ-4 Global Hawk
- SR-71 Blackbird : An advanced, long-range, Mach 3 strategic reconnaissance aircraft developed from the Lockheed YF-12A and A-12 aircraft by the Lockheed Skunk Works.
- Zumwalt-class : An experimental class of very large (14,000 ton) U.S. destroyers, production of which has been capped, optimized for land attack, stealth, and small crew size; funding reallocated to additional improved Burke-class
Sensors and counter-sensors
- Bistatic : A detection system which comprises a transmitter and receiver which are separated by a distance that is comparable to the expected target distance.
- Infrared countermeasures : Equipment and flying techniques that can break the lock of a heat-seeking missile on a target aircraft.
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- Multistatic : Add brief definition or description
Operations involving stealth
- Operation JUST CAUSE : Add brief definition or description
- Kosovo Conflict : Add brief definition or description
- Iraq War : Add brief definition or description
- Gulf War : Add brief definition or description
- Operation DESERT STORM : Add brief definition or description