Infrared countermeasures/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Infrared countermeasures, or pages that link to Infrared countermeasures or to this page or whose text .
- Air-to-air missile : A guided missile fired by one aircraft at another airborne target, such as an aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicle, or cruise missile
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole see applications in Offensive Counter-Air and Defensive Counter-Air
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Infrared light : In physics and engineering, a non-visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum ranging from wavelengths of 750 nm to 1 mm, between the darkest visible red and the shortest submillimeter wave radar
- AN/AAQ-24 : A Directed Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) active electronic device that uses intense light to dazzle or burn out infrared missile seekers
- AN/AAR-54 : Using multiple ultraviolet sensors, this is an missile exhaust detector and alarm
- AN/ALR-93 : Part of the defensive electronics suite for United States Special Operations Command helicopters and fixed-wing transport aircraft, this detects a wide range of radar, and cues a decoy launcher and other countermeasures
- AN/AAR-144 : A defensive electronic warfare system for U.S. military helicopters, which provides infrared countermeasures against heat-seeking missiles and can also control an radar jammer
- Flares : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures
- Suppression of enemy air defense : Military actions taken to reduce the effectiveness, or destroy, the radars, radio and other communications links, surface-to-air missiles, anti-aircraft artillery, fighter aircraft and their airbases and command posts of air defense systems
- Spectroscopic MASINT : A electro-optical measurement and signature intelligence technique to measure the electromagnetic spectrum reflected from or emitted by an object, typically within the infrared through ultraviolet wavelength range, and compare it to spectral signatures of known objects