Electronic warfare/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Electronic warfare, or pages that link to Electronic warfare or to this page or whose text .
- Deception : The act of deceiving or misleading, through the intentional concealing or misrepresentation of facts.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Electronic countermeasures suite controller : A computer aboard a protected vehicle, which both aids in situational awareness of weapon and sensor threats to the vehicles, and reduces crew workload in countering the threats. Practical implementations usually include at least one electronic warfare function in the controller, such as a radar warning receiver or electronic warfare expendables dispenser.
- Electronic warfare expendables dispenser : Part of an integrated electronic warfare system which fires, manually or under computer control, flares, chaff, and disposable jammers, all in a compatible cartridge form factor and possibly tows intelligent reusable decoys
- AN/ALE-37 : An electronic warfare expendables dispenser, optimized for dispensing of large volumes of chaff over an area being attacked or overflown, in support of an overall mission rather than the more usual protection of a single aircraft
- AN/ALE-39 : An obsolete dispenser of electronic warfare expendables (e.g., flares and chaff), to be replaced by the AN/ALE-47
- AN/ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- Chaff : A passive, disposable radar countermeasure using strips of metal foil or aluminized plastic, cut to match the wavelength of the expected radar, and used to send false reflections back to the radar receiver
- Flares : An expendable electronic warfare decoy form of infrared countermeasures
- Deceptive decoy : Within the broad context of electronic warfare, which includes both electromagnetic and acoustic sensing, a device, independently launched from a target or escort, which interferes with enemy tracking or final weapons guidance
- AN/ALE-55 : An active electronic attack remote device targeted at radar, spooled out by an AN/ALE-47 dispenser, which can run through the flame of an afterburner and, at the end of its tether, act as a deceptive decoy trackbreaker or a seductive sacrificial decoy
- Sacrificial decoy : Using electronic warfare techniques, a (usually) mobile transmitting device that will lure an enemy weapon to attack it rather than the real platform it is protecting
- AN/ALE-50 : An expendable, actively transmitting radar decoy pod that is towed behind the aircraft it protects
- Infrared countermeasures : Equipment and flying techniques that can break the lock of a heat-seeking missile on a target aircraft.
- Laser warning receiver : An electronics warfare component that detects the energy from a laser designator or laser rangefinder, warning the target to take defensive actions
- AN/AVR-2 : A first-and-second generation, obsolescent laser warning receiver
- Missile warning receiver : An electronic warfare subsystem that detects the thermal energy, or other signatures, of a missile launch or its flight, in order to take defensive measures
- Radar warning receiver : Add brief definition or description
- AN/APR-39 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALR-41 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALR-56 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALR-62 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALR-66 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALR-93 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALQ-136 : Add brief definition or description
- Elisra SPS-1000 : Add brief definition or description
- Sirena : Add brief definition or description
- Radar jammer : Add brief definition or description