Nguyen Van Thieu/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Nguyen Van Thieu, or pages that link to Nguyen Van Thieu or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nguyen Van Thieu. Needs checking by a human.
- Armed Forces Council : One of the military juntas of South Vietnam
- Army of the Republic of Viet Nam : A term describing both the ground force specifically, and the armed forces generally, of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War and Fall of South Vietnam
- Can Lao : A South Vietnamese semisecret political organization controlled by the Diem brothers
- Cao Van Vien : General in the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, last Chief of the Joint General Staff, and a contributor to postwar historical analysis
- Fall of South Vietnam : The result of a series of conventional military actions by the People's Army of Viet Nam, under the direction of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which led to the dissolution of the Republic of Vietnam and the reunification of North and South Vietnam into the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Government of the Republic of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Hoang Xuan Lam : One of the few general officers of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam ever relieved, in battle, for incompetence, during the Operation Lam Son 719 into Laos
- Maxwell Taylor : U.S. Army officer who commanded Airborne units in the Second World War, he rose to full general and Chief of Staff of the Army. Recalled from retirement by John F. Kennedy, he took on a number of politicomilitary roles including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Ambassador to South Vietnam.
- Military Revolutionary Council : The group of Army of the Republic of Viet Nam officers that overthrew Ngo Dinh Diem in November 1963, and ruled until they were overthrown by another military group in January 1964, some generals belonging to both the November and January juntas
- Nguyen Cao Ky : Republic of Vietnam Air Force general, active in military coups, who served as Premier and member of several juntas
- Nguyen Khanh : An Army of the Republic of Vietnam general who led the 1964 coup that overthrew the 1963 coup that replaced Ngo Dinh Diem, but was subsequently deposed and left the country in 1965
- Nguyen Van Loc : Civilian figurehead Prime Minister of South Vietnam from October 1967 to May 1968
- Operation LINEBACKER I : A U.S. bombing campaign targeted against the specific North Vietnamese infrastructure of the Ho Chi Minh trail, with the operational-level goal of interrupting the supply line to People's Army of Viet Nam conventional troops in the South.
- Operation Lam Son 719 : During the process of Vietnamization, the first major ground action carried out by Army of the Republic of Viet Nam soldiers operating independently of U.S. ground troops. It was a failure.
- Paris Peace Talks : Secret bilateral talks between the U.S. and North Vietnam (1969-1973) to end U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, resulting in the Paris Accords signed on January 28, 1973.
- Phan Quang Dan : A Vietnamese nationalist whose political career started under France, in opposition under Ngo Dinh Diem, and through the end of South Vietnam
- South Vietnam's ground war, 1972-1975 : That period during which South Vietnam fought North Vietnam without the assistance of U.S. ground troops
- Tran Van Huong : South Vietnamese civilian politician, a Catholic but generally opposed to Ngo Dinh Diem, who was Prime Minister twice as well as Vice President, under military dominated rule but maintaining a certain personal independence and integrity, if authoritarianism
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnamization : A policy, formalized by name in the Nixon Administration but reflecting earlier U.S. thinking, of making the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam primarily responsible for conventional ground combat, in South Vietnam, during the Vietnam War
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China