Can Lao/Related Articles
< Can Lao
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Can Lao. Needs checking by a human.
- Bao Dai : Emperor of Annam (1932-1945), and head of state of French Indochina until replaced by Ngo Dinh Diem after the Geneva Accords.
- Battle of Ap Bac : Fought on January 2, 1963, a small but politically significant battle of the Vietnam War, won by the Viet Cong against Army of the Republic of Viet Nam (ARVN) troops with United States Army advisors. It was significant in that the command failures were publicized to the press by John Paul Vann; denials by U.S. senior commanders started the pattern of aggressive investigative journalism
- Government of the Republic of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Kuomintang : (KMT or GMD) is a Chinese political party that ruled China 1927-48 and then moved to Taiwan.
- McGeorge Bundy : Harvard University professor and dean who became Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs in the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson Administrations between 1961-1966.
- Ngo Dinh Nhu : Brother and chief political advisor to Republic of Vietnam president Ngo Dinh Diem. While he did carry out special projects such as the Strategic Hamlet Program, he primarily worked in the background, often offending opposition groups. Overthrown and killed in 1963, with his brother.
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Sometimes called the "other war" in the Vietnam War, involving counterinsurgency and local development
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China