- See also changes related to Vietnamization, or pages that link to Vietnamization or to this page or whose text .
- Army of the Republic of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- South Vietnam's ground war, 1972-1975 : That period during which South Vietnam fought North Vietnam without the assistance of U.S. ground troops
- Vietnam, war, and the United States : The interactions of the Vietnam War with United States domestic politics and public opinion, and, in turn, how domestic considerations affected the military situation
- Task Force Shoemaker : Add brief definition or description
- Operation LAM SON 719 : Add brief definition or description
- Lyndon B. Johnson : American politician (1908-1973); president 1963–1969; known for his civil rights bills and "The Great Society".
- Richard M. Nixon : Add brief definition or description
- Henry Kissinger : (1923—) American academic, diplomat, and simultaneously Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration; promoted realism (foreign policy) and détente with China and the Soviet Union; shared 1973 Nobel Peace Prize for ending the Vietnam War; Director, Atlantic Council
- : American politician who became Secretary of Defense in the Nixon Administration; coined the term Vietnamization and carried out the program
- Nguyen Van Thieu : Vietnamese officer and politician (1923–2001); president of South Vietnam 1967–1975.
- Le Duan : Effective political heir, as leader of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), when Ho Chi Minh's health declined. While he did not depose his internal rivals, he gained power over Vo Nguyen Giap and Truong Chinh.
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam
- Norodom Sihanouk : Add brief definition or description
- Souvanna Phouma : One of three princes of Laos, politically active after the Second World War and into the 1960s, who was associated with a neutralist ideology and served, between coups, as Prime Minister
- Ho Chi Minh trail : A complex of roads and other facilities, from North Vietnam to South Vietnam via Laos and Cambodia, used to infiltrate military forces into the South
- Tran Van Tra : General officer of the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving from 1954 to the fall of South Vietnam, who has been in some disfavor for writing a frank history of the North Vietnamese side.
- Graham Martin : Last U.S. Ambassador to South Vietnam, leaving in the last helicopter lift from Saigon in 1975
- Lon Nol : Add brief definition or description