Joint Tactical Information Distribution System/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, or pages that link to Joint Tactical Information Distribution System or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Joint Tactical Information Distribution System. Needs checking by a human.
- A-10 Thunderbolt II : A heavily armed close air support and ground attack aircraft, which can loiter over a battlefield and then hit targets with great accuracy, while retaining high survivability against ground fire.
- AEGIS battle management system : An integrated system of computers, radars, and other systems that provides integrated management of a shipboard suite of strategic strike, anti-surface warfare, ballistic missile defense and anti-air warfare principally using missiles in vertical launch systems; it complements other integrated systems for anti-submarine warfare and naval gunfire support
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- APG-78 : A U.S. Army millimeter wave radar system shared among the Longbow versions of the AH-64 Apache heavy attack helicopter, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, and the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior scout helicopter
- APS-145 : Radar system for E-2 Hawkeye 2000 upgrade
- ARC-187 : A multiservice HAVE QUICK II transceiver with JTIDS capability
- ASQ-213 : A pod-mounted anti-radiation missile targeting system for the AGM-88 HARM, originally for F-16 Fighting Falcon fighters but adaptable to any aircraft with the MIL-STD-1553 electronic interface
- Air, artillery and missile defense : An integrated approach to defending surface forces against all types of weapons that fly through the atmosphere or space; a radar may detect artillery shells, helicopters, or missiles, while a close-in gun may shoot down any of them
- Airborne Warning and Control System : An airplane that carries early warning radars, possibly weapons control radars, and communications to link it with combat aircraft and ground facilities. It may have an onboard battle staff, or link to a staff on the ground.
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Anti-air warfare : In the context of naval warfare, the mission of defending against aircraft and missiles, from platforms under naval command and control, possibly in coordination with other services and possibly defending land as well as sea areas.
- Army Battle Command System : The set of information systems and components that support the operational-level command and control of the U.S. Army, abbreviated ABCS
- BGM-109 Tomahawk : A U.S.-designed cruise missile, launched from vertical launch systems on ships and submarines, against land targets
- Battlefield air interdiction : Air warfare intended to support ground troops, not by direct firepower but interfering with enemy supplies, reinforcements and communications
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- CEC (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Cooperative Engagement Capability : A distributed computing and communications system principally aboard U.S. Navy warships, more than the AEGIS battle management system is often called. As opposed to the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System it does not share only the processed data from single sensors on single platforms, but shares a mutually computed model fusing all sensors
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- E-2 Hawkeye : Designed for the U.S. Navy and used by several other countries, this radar aircraft carries long-range airborne early warning and surface search radar, and has a modest force command & control capability, the latter enhanced by "virtual workstations" on linked ships
- E-3 Sentry : Airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft, equipped with a large radar and a battle staff, which can detect aircraft and control combat.
- E-8 Joint STARS : A radar aircraft optimized for surveillance of a large land or sea area, returning both tracks and identification of moving vehicles, or radar imaging of the surface.
- Enhanced Position Location Reporting System : A portable or vehicle-mounted U.S. Army device that transmits friendly force positions for command and control, fires with precision-guided munitions, and logistical support
- F-15 Eagle : A series of air superiority fighters, designed for the United States Air Force and flown by several countries; intended for the high role in the high-low mix; The F-15E Strike Eagle is a multirole fighter variant.
- F-15 series fighter aircraft : Add brief definition or description
- F-15E Strike Eagle : Add brief definition or description
- F-18 Hornet : Add brief definition or description
- F-18 Super Hornet : Add brief definition or description
- Forward Area Air Defense : Add brief definition or description
- Frequency agility : Add brief definition or description
- Global Information Grid : Add brief definition or description
- HAVE QUICK II : Add brief definition or description
- Imagery intelligence : Add brief definition or description
- Joint Tactical Radio System : Add brief definition or description
- MIM-104 Patriot : Add brief definition or description
- MPQ-64 : Add brief definition or description
- Medium access control : Add brief definition or description
- Mobile ad hoc networking : Add brief definition or description
- North American Air Defense Command : Add brief definition or description
- RC-135 RIVET JOINT : Add brief definition or description
- Radio : Add brief definition or description
- SIGINT ship-based platforms : Add brief definition or description
- SPG-62 : Add brief definition or description
- SPS-49 : Add brief definition or description
- Self-organizing network : Add brief definition or description
- Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System : Add brief definition or description
- Special reconnaissance : Add brief definition or description
- Spread spectrum : Add brief definition or description
- Tactical air navigation : Add brief definition or description
- Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (missile) : Add brief definition or description
- Ticonderoga-class : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Navy : Add brief definition or description