Digital selective calling/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Digital selective calling, or pages that link to Digital selective calling or to this page or whose text .
- International Maritime Organization : The United Nations agency responsible for avoiding pollution from ships, and implementing the Safety of Life at Sea convention
- Safety of Life at Sea : International convention defining safety requirements for ships
- Search and rescue : The location of those in distress from natural, accidental, or hostile causes; on-scene medical stabilization and extrication; evacuation to treatment or other safe facilities
- Automatic identification system : A system, aboard ships and boats, that combines marine radio transmitters and receivers, Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and computer control into a self-organizing, mobile network in which vessels are inform nearby traffic, potential collision hazards, and navigational information
- Digital selective calling
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System : Mandated by the Safety of Life at Sea convention of the International Maritime Organization system of digital radio and other systems for ships to receive alerts and signal search and rescue organizations when they are in distress.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- Safety and survivability of naval vessels : Beyond the rules of the Safety of Life at Sea convention, protective measures, for naval vessels, against their own systems as well as enemy fire
- Search and rescue transponder : A device used by personnel in need of rescue, which assists in the final part of the search by interacting with search radar and guiding the rescuers to the victim
- United States Coast Guard : A uniformed service of the United States, with diverse maritime safety, search and rescue, law enforcement, and military responsibilities