Search and rescue/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Search and rescue, or pages that link to Search and rescue or to this page or whose text .
- Emergency management : Preparation and response to natural disasters, accidents, and deliberate violence at both the routine local level and when local resources are overwhelmed
- Combat search and rescue : The location and rescue of military and civilian personnel in hostile areas, such that a military operation is necessary to retrieve them
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System : Mandated by the Safety of Life at Sea convention of the International Maritime Organization system of digital radio and other systems for ships to receive alerts and signal search and rescue organizations when they are in distress.
- Decontamination : The efforts to safeguard property and people that have been exposed to chemical, nuclear, or biological agents.
- Incident Command System : An increasingly worldwide set of procedures and doctrines for operational response to emergencies requiring response from different organizations, ranging from multiple units of the same local fire department or police force, to major disasters covering large regions and requiring national or international resources
- Triage : The process of sorting victims of disease or violence, so the greatest number can be helped with the available resources, and treatment prioritized to have the best chance of preserving life.