Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon, or pages that link to Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon or to this page or whose text .
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System : Add brief definition or description
- International Maritime Organization : The United Nations agency responsible for avoiding pollution from ships, and implementing the Safety of Life at Sea convention
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- Safety of Life at Sea : International convention defining safety requirements for ships
- Search and rescue : The location of those in distress from natural, accidental, or hostile causes; on-scene medical stabilization and extrication; evacuation to treatment or other safe facilities
- COSPAS-SARSAT : Worldwide system of multinational satellites in geosynchronous or low earth orbits, receiving stations, and search and rescue mission control systems that detect the emergency messages from emergency position indicating radio beacons (EPIRB)
- Automatic identification system : A system, aboard ships and boats, that combines marine radio transmitters and receivers, Global Navigation Satellite System receivers, and computer control into a self-organizing, mobile network in which vessels are inform nearby traffic, potential collision hazards, and navigational information
- Digital selective calling : A method to address specific marine radios or groups of vessels, and to send a distress signal, including the vessel's location if the radio is connected to a GPS receiver
- Safety and survivability of naval vessels : Beyond the rules of the Safety of Life at Sea convention, protective measures, for naval vessels, against their own systems as well as enemy fire
- Satellite orbits : The path of a celestial body or an artificial satellite as it revolves around another body.
- Search and rescue transponder : A device used by personnel in need of rescue, which assists in the final part of the search by interacting with search radar and guiding the rescuers to the victim