- Catalan Countries : Cultural territory of southwestern Europe where Catalan is the native language.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Iberian Peninsula : Peninsula containing Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar, bordering the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
- Pyrenees : A mountain range of southwest Europe extending along the French-Spanish border from the Bay of Biscay to the Mediterranean Sea.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Spain : South-west European parliamentary monarchy (population c. 40.5 million; capital Madrid) between the Atlantic Ocean and Bay of Biscay to the north-west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east; the Pyrenees mountain range forms the border with France to the north-east, and Portugal is situated to the west.
- Catalan language : A Romance language spoken in the Catalan Countries (eastern Spain, Andorra, parts of France and Sardinia).
- French language : A Romance language spoken in northwestern Europe (mainly in France, Belgium, Switzerland), in Canada and in many other countries.
- Spanish language : A Romance language widely spoken in Spain, its current and former territories, and the United States of America.
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- Landlocked country : Add brief definition or description