Air pollution emissions/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Air pollution emissions, or pages that link to Air pollution emissions or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Atmospheric chemistry : Add brief definition or description
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Air : A colorless, odorless and tasteless mixture of gases consisting mostly of nitrogen (N2) and oxygen (O2) which is the part of Earth's atmosphere that humans and all other animals breathe in order to obtain the oxygen needed to sustain life.
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution : The presence of contaminants or pollutant substances in the air (air pollutants) that interfere with human health or welfare, or produce other harmful environmental effects.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Index : A number used by government agencies to characterize the quality of the ambient air at a given location.
- Air stripping : The transferring of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and/or other volatile components of a liquid into an air stream.
- Biogenic substance : Add brief definition or description
- Clean Air Act (U.S.) : A law enacted by the U.S. Congress that defines the responsibilities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) for protecting and improving the nation's air quality and the stratospheric ozone layer.
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- Methanogenesis : The formation of methane by microbes known as methanogens.
- Methane hydrate : A solid in which methane is trapped within the crystal structure of ice.
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards : Concentration limits set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency for outdoor ambient air pollutants considered harmful to public health and the environment.
- Particulates : Very small particles of solid and liquid matter suspended in a gas or very small particles of solid matter suspended in a liquid.
- Pollutant : Any substance introduced into the environment that adversely affects the usefulness of a natural resource or the health of humans, animals, or ecosystems.
- Smog : The hazy, unhealthy polluted air which accumulates over cities and other regions under certain conditions.
- South Coast Air Quality Management District : The local governmental agency in California responsible mainly for regulating stationary sources of air pollution in all of Orange county and the urban portions of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs : The governmental department responsible for protection of the environment, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural matters in the United Kingdom (UK).
- UK Environment Agency : An environmental protection agency that is a non-departmental public body of the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and a sponsored public body of the National Assembly for Wales.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : An agency of the federal government of the United States of America whose mission is to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment (air, water and land) of the nation
- Wind : The movement of air produced by a change in heat on the earth's surface.