Gaussian units/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Gaussian units, or pages that link to Gaussian units or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Gaussian units. Needs checking by a human.
- Abampere : Unit of electric current in the cgs-emu system of units; symbol abA; 1 abA = 10 A.
- Acceleration : The increase of an objects velocity (or speed) per unit time.
- Ampere (unit) : Unit of electric current; symbol A; one of the seven SI base units.
- Ampere's equation : An expression for the magnetic force between two electric current-carrying wire segments.
- Ampere's law : The integral of a magnetic field over a closed path is equal to the conduction current through the surface bounded by the path.
- Biot-Savart's law : Add brief definition or description
- Carl Friedrich Gauss : German mathematician, who was one of the most influential figures in the history of mathematics and mathematical physics (1777 – 1855).
- Coulomb's law : An inverse-square distance law, like Newton's gravitational law, describing the forces acting between electric point charges; also valid for the force between magnetic poles.
- Electric displacement : a vector field D in a dielectric; D is proportional to the outer electric field E.
- Electric field : force acting on an electric charge—a vector field.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Electromagnetism : Phenomena and theories regarding electricity and magnetism.
- Factor-label conversion of units : A widely used method for converting one set of dimensional units to another set of equivalent units.
- Force : Vector quantity that tends to produce an acceleration of a body in the direction of its application.
- Gauss (unit) : Gaussian unit of magnetic flux density B; symbol G; 1 G = 1 Mx/cm2 = 10 000 T.
- Gauss' law (electrostatics) : Relates the surface integral of the electric displacement through a closed surface to the electric charge enveloped by the closed surface.
- Hans Christian Oersted : (Rudkøbing, August 14, 1777 – Copenhagen, March 9, 1851) Danish physicist and chemist best known for his discovery of the influence of an electric current on the orientation of a compass needle.
- Intermolecular forces : Non-covalent forces between atoms and molecules; often synonymous with Van der Waals forces.
- Lorentz force : Force on an electrically charged particle that moves through a magnetic and an electric field.
- Lorentz-Lorenz relation : An equation describing the relation between the density and index of refraction of a dielectric.
- Magnetic constant : A physical constant in the International System of Units (SI) relating mechanical force and electric current in classical vacuum with a defined value μ0 = 4π × 10−7 N/A2.
- Magnetic field : Vector field H caused by permanent magnets, conduction currents, and displacement currents.
- Magnetic flux : Is the total magnetic induction B integrated over a surface S.
- Magnetic induction : A divergence-free electromagnetic field, denoted B, determining the Lorentz force upon a moving charge, and related to the magnetic field H.
- Mass : The total amount of a substance, or alternatively, the total energy of a substance.
- Maxwell (unit) : Gaussian unit of magnetic flux; symbol Mx; 1 Mx = 1 abV⋅s = 10−8 Wb.
- Maxwell equations : Mathematical equations describing the interrelationship between electric and magnetic fields; dependence of the fields on electric charge- and current- densities.
- Oersted (unit) : Unit of magnetic-field strength |H| in the Gaussian system of units; symbol Oe; 1 Oe = 1000/4π A⋅turn/m.
- Polarizability : The ease by which a charge-distribution polarizes; describes the amount of charge separation caused by an electric field.
- Relative permittivity : A factor describing the polarizability of a material or medium as a proportionality between an electric displacement and an electric field in a dielectric.
- Second : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Second (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Statampere : Electric current in the Gaussian system of units; symbol statA; 1 statA = 1 A/(10⋅c); c is the speed of light in m/s.
- Statvolt : Unit of electric voltage; symbol statV; 1 statV = 10−6×c volt; c speed of light in m/s.