Expansion turbine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Expansion turbine, or pages that link to Expansion turbine or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Enthalpy : Energy function of thermodynamic system equal to internal energy plus pV (pressure times volume).
- Entropy (thermodynamics) : Thermodynamic variable S appearing in the second law of thermodynamics.
- Flash evaporation : The partial vaporization that occurs when a saturated liquid stream undergoes a reduction in pressure by passing through a throttling valve or other throttling device.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Gas compressor : A machine that increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume.
- Isentropic process : Thermodynamic process without change of entropy.
- Isenthalpic process : Add brief definition or description
- Joule-Thomson effect : The increase or decrease in the temperature of a real gas (as differentiated from an ideal gas) when it is allowed to expand freely at constant enthalpy (meaning that no heat is transferred to or from the gas, and no external work is extracted from the gas).
- Rankine cycle : Add brief definition or description
- Steam turbine : Add brief definition or description
- Vapor-compression refrigeration : One of the many available refrigeration systems and very probably the most widely used system.