See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
Gas compressor/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Gas compressor, or pages that link to Gas compressor or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Axial compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Centrifugal compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Centrifugal fan : A mechanical device for moving air or other gases.
- Compressibility factor (gases) : A thermodynamic property for modifying the ideal gas law to account for behavior of real gases.
- Diaphragm compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Expansion turbine : A centrifugal or axial flow turbine through which a high pressure gas is isentropically expanded to produce work.
- Gas : One of the major states of matter (i.e., gas, liquid, solid and plasma).
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Pump : A device used to move fluids, such as liquids or slurries, from a lower pressure to a higher pressure adding energy to the system to overcome the difference in pressure.
- Reciprocating compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Rotary screw compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Scroll compressor : Add brief definition or description
- Vapor-compression refrigeration : One of the many available refrigeration systems and very probably the most widely used system.