Joule-Thomson effect/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Joule-Thomson effect, or pages that link to Joule-Thomson effect or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Entropy (thermodynamics) : Thermodynamic variable S appearing in the second law of thermodynamics.
- Expansion turbine : A centrifugal or axial flow turbine through which a high pressure gas is isentropically expanded to produce work.
- Ideal gas law : Relates pressure, volume and temperature for hypothetical gases of atoms or molecules with negligible intermolecular forces.
- Isenthalpic process : Add brief definition or description
- Vapor-compression refrigeration : One of the many available refrigeration systems and very probably the most widely used system.