From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Enthalpy, or pages that link to Enthalpy or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Enthalpy. Needs checking by a human.
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Chemical thermodynamics : The study of the interrelation of heat and work with chemical reactions or with physical changes of state within the confines of the laws of thermodynamics.
- Energy (science) : A measurable physical quantity of a system which can be expressed in joules (the metric unit for a quantity of energy) or other measurement units such as ergs, calories, watt-hours or Btu.
- Exothermic reaction : A chemical reaction that releases energy in the form of heat.
- Flash evaporation : The partial vaporization that occurs when a saturated liquid stream undergoes a reduction in pressure by passing through a throttling valve or other throttling device.
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- Integral : A central concept in calculus that generalizes the idea of a sum to cover quantities which may be continuously varying.
- Internal energy : Energy of a system in absence of interaction of the system with external fields
- Joule-Thomson effect : The increase or decrease in the temperature of a real gas (as differentiated from an ideal gas) when it is allowed to expand freely at constant enthalpy (meaning that no heat is transferred to or from the gas, and no external work is extracted from the gas).
- McCabe-Thiele method : A graphical method considered to be the simplest, most instructive method for the analysis of binary distillation.
- Organic chemistry : The scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds of carbon and hydrogen, which may contain any number of other elements.
- Specific heat ratio : The ratio of the specific heat of a gas at constant pressure, , to the specific heat at constant volume, , also sometimes called the adiabatic index or the heat capacity ratio or the isentropic expansion factor.
- Surface condenser : A water-cooled shell and tube heat exchanger for condensing the exhaust steam from large steam turbines.
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Thermodynamics : The statistical description of the properties of molecular systems
- Van der Waals equation : An equation of state for a fluid composed of particles that have a non-zero size and a pairwise attractive inter-particle force.
- Vapor-compression refrigeration : One of the many available refrigeration systems and very probably the most widely used system.