Diabetes mellitus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Diabetes mellitus, or pages that link to Diabetes mellitus or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Diabetes mellitus. Needs checking by a human.
- Adipocyte : Cell that stores fat and makes it available for use as energy.
- Autoimmunity : The failure of an organism to recognize its own constituent parts (down to the sub-molecular levels) as "self", which results in an immune response against its own cells and tissues.
- CHADS2 : A scoring system for patients with atrial fibrillation which attempts to determine their risk of stroke.
- Carotid endarterectomy : Excision of the thickened, atheromatous tunica intima of a carotid artery.
- Coenzyme A : A coenzyme notable for its role in the synthesis and oxidization of fatty acids, and the oxidation of pyruvate in the citric acid cycle.
- Coronary heart disease : Disease of the heart that involves narrowing of the coronary arteries.
- Diabetes (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 : Medical condition characterised by glucose intolerance and hyperglycemia
- Diabetic foot : Ulcers of the foot as a complication of diabetes.
- Diabetic neuropathy : Negative effects on the nervous system that can be caused by diabetes mellitus, some of which may necessitate amputation.
- Endocrinology : Generically, the study of glands and the hormonal regulation of physiology; also the subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with diseases of the endocrine system
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Hunger : Localized subjective sensation, caused by emptiness and a resulting hypermotility of the stomach.
- Insulin : Hormone that regulates blood glucose levels.
- Pancreatic cancer : A malignant tumor of the pancreas; depending on the extent of the tumor at the time of diagnosis, the prognosis is generally poor, and complete remission is rare.
- Pancreatitis : Inflammation of the pancreas, commonly acute due to alcoholic pancreatitis or gallstone pancreatitis.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Restless legs syndrome : A disorder characterized by aching or burning sensations in the lower and rarely the upper extremities that occur prior to sleep or may awaken the patient from sleep;Complying with an irresistible urge to move the affected limbs brings temporary relief.
- Stroke : A sudden loss of brain function due to interrupted blood supply.
- Thiazolidinedione : Add brief definition or description