Coenzyme A/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Coenzyme A, or pages that link to Coenzyme A or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Coenzyme A. Needs checking by a human.
- Acetylcholine : A chemical transmitter in both the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS) in many organisms including humans.
- Adenosine triphosphate : A molecule sometimes called the "energy currency" of a cell
- Citric acid cycle : A series of enzyme-catalysed chemical reactions of central importance in all living cells that use oxygen as part of cellular respiration.
- Diabetes mellitus : Relative or absolute lack of insulin leading to uncontrolled carbohydrate metabolism.
- Fatty acid metabolism : Oxidative degradation of saturated fatty acids in which two-carbon units are sequentially removed from the molecule with each turn of the cycle, and metabolized so that it can be used as a source of energy in aerobic respiration.
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine : Award conferred once a year by the Swedish Karolinska Institute, for physiology or medicine, since 1901.