Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar, or pages that link to Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar or to this page or whose text .
- Air defense artillery : A combat arms branch of the United States Army, responsible for defending ground forces and the continental United States against aircraft and missile attack
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- Artillery : Crew-served military devices for propelling payloads over distance
- Mortar : A piece of artillery, sometimes light enough to be carried by infantry, which has a short barrel length relative to the shell caliber, and fires in a high indirect trajectory, often desirable to fire over obstacles.
- "Centurion" Land-Based Phalanx Weapon System (LPWS) : A 20mm autocannon system originally for shipboard final defense against subsonic anti-shipping missiles, obsolescent in that role but being deployed for land-based counter-rocket, artillery and mortar (C-RAM) defense against guerrilla rockets.
- Rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched
- AN/TPQ-36 : A medium-range, with longer minimum range than the AN/TPQ-46, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role
- AN/TPQ-37 : A long-range, substantial minimum range, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role
- AN/TPQ-46 : Formerly the Lightweight Countermortar Radar, a 360-degree coverage, short-range counterbattery/counter-rocket, artillery and mortar radar