From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Air defense artillery : A combat arms branch of the United States Army, responsible for defending ground forces and the continental United States against aircraft and missile attack
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- AN/TPQ-36 : A medium-range, with longer minimum range than the AN/TPQ-46, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role
- AN/TPQ-37 : A long-range, substantial minimum range, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role