From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Counterbattery : Defense against enemy artillery involving identifying the point of origin of hostile fire and directing lethal force against it
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- TPQ-37 : A long-range, substantial minimum range, directional counterbattery radar in the Firefinder series, used in the counter-rocket, artillery and mortar role
- TPQ-46 : Formerly the Lightweight Countermortar Radar, a 360-degree coverage, short-range counterbattery/counter-rocket, artillery and mortar radar
- MPQ-64 : Mobile air search radar, used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps, to detect aircraft, cruise missiles, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), for air defense and friendly air deconfliction