Phalanx close-in weapons system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Phalanx close-in weapons system, or pages that link to Phalanx close-in weapons system or to this page or whose text .
- Air defense artillery : A combat arms branch of the United States Army, responsible for defending ground forces and the continental United States against aircraft and missile attack
- 20mm gun (disambiguation)) : Add brief definition or description
- Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar : Military equipment and techniques to detect unguided rockets, artillery shells, and mortar rounds in flight, warn friendly forces that are threatened, and, with new methods, intercept and destroy the projectiles before they can do damage
- Autocannon : A magazine-fed cannon that will load and fire continuously until its magazine is empty.
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class }
- Cruiser : While definitions vary with time and doctrine, a large warship capable of acting independently, as a flagship, or a major escort; capabilities include anti-air warfare, anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, land attack, and possibly ballistic missile defense
- Forward Area Air Defense : A U.S. military command and control system for managing air defense, which includes both artillery/air deconfliction and counter-rocket, artillery and mortar missions, near the main battle line, typically under brigade control
- Forward-looking infrared : An older term for thermal imaging systems, typically airborne, that can "see" objects by their heat emissions and difference from background, in conditions including night and fog
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Naval guns and gunnery : Artillery weapons on ships, and techniques and devices for aiming them.