CZ:Cold Storage/Natural stress relief meditation/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Complementary and alternative medicine : Set of therapies and treatments not considered mainstream or scientific. }
- Physiology : The study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of tissues and how they interact.
- Endocrinology : Generically, the study of glands and the hormonal regulation of physiology; also the subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with diseases of the endocrine system
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Stress (physiology) : Pathological process resulting from the reaction of the body to external forces and conditions that tend to disturb the organism's homeostasis.
- Adrenal gland : A pair of glands located at the cranial pole of each of the two kidneys. Each adrenal gland is composed of two distinct endocrine tissues with separate embryonic origins, the adrenal cortex producing glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids and the adrenal medulla producing neurotransmitters.
- Catecholamine : A family of neurotransmitters and hormones, chemically ortho-dihydroxyphenylalkylamines derived from tyrosine, with important members including epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine
- Cortisol : Naturally-occurring glucocorticoid hormone which reduces inflammation.
- Corticosteroid : Steroid hormones mainly produced by the adrenal cortex.
- Psychological stress : Add brief definition or description
- Exercise : Regular physical activity that is usually done with the intention of improving or maintaining physical fitness or health.
- Meditation : A variety of techniques that help isolate one's thinking from external stimuli, to induce a state of rest, or a state in which spiritual issues may be contemplated
- Relaxation : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Relaxation (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Sleep : Naturally recurring state of relatively suspended sensory and motor activity in animals, characterized by total or partial unconsciousness.
- : An effortless mental technique, taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, for eliminating stored stresses.