From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Cortisol, or pages that link to Cortisol or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Cortisol. Needs checking by a human.
- Adrenal insufficiency : Adrenocortical insufficiency caused by disease, suppression by drugs, destruction, or surgical removal of the adrenal cortices.
- Catabolism : The metabolic process that breaks down molecules into smaller units.
- Depersonalization disorder : A dissociative disorder characterized by a persistent or recurring experience of unreality, where individuals report an experience akin to living in a movie or dream, feeling detached from their body and emotions, and not being in control of their life.
- Depersonalization : Subjective experiences of unreality in one's sense of self.
- Food and Drug Administration : The agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for regulating food, dietary supplements, drugs, biological medical products, blood products, medical devices, radiation-emitting devices, veterinary products, and cosmetics.
- Glucocorticoid : Corticosteroids that affect carbohydrate metabolism, inhibit adrenocorticotropic hormone secretion, and are anti-inflammatory.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Hydrocortisone : The most important human glucocorticoid, a steroid hormone, produced by the adrenal cortex.
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Incidentaloma : Tumour found by coincidence without clinical symptoms or suspicion.
- Memory : The cognitive processes that lead to the retaining and recalling of past experience.
- Metabolism : The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Natural stress relief meditation : Add brief definition or description
- Osteoporosis : Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures.
- Oxytocin : A mammalian hormone that is secreted into the bloodstream from the posterior pituitary gland, and which is also released into the brain where it has effects on social behaviors.
- Progesterone : A progestan steroid hormone vital to pregnancy and a precursor for some androgen and estrogen steroids.
- Recovered memory : Description given to the apparent memory of event(s) that, if they occurred, were previously forgotten for a relatively long time.
- Steroid : Hormone group that controls metabolism, catabolism, growth, electrolyte balance and sexual characteristics.
- Stress (physiology) : Pathological process resulting from the reaction of the body to external forces and conditions that tend to disturb the organism's homeostasis.
- Suprachiasmatic nucleus : An agregation of neurons in the hypothalamus, located above the optic chiasm, that regulates circadian rhythms.