Suprachiasmatic nucleus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Suprachiasmatic nucleus, or pages that link to Suprachiasmatic nucleus or to this page or whose text .
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Circadian rhythms and appetite : Daily variations in the regulation of food intake.
- Vasopressin : A hormone also called (arginine vasopressin, (AVP); formerly known as antidiuretic hormone, ADH), produced in the hypothalamus secreted from the posterior pituitary that causes kidneys to concentrate urine to conserve water, also causes vasoconstriction.
- Pineal gland : Endocrine gland, in humans near the centre of the brain, secretes melatonin.